The NJBPU Large Energy Users Program is designed to promote self-investment in energy efficiency and combined heat and power projects with incentives up to $4 million for eligible projects in the state’s largest commercial and industrial facilities.
Eligibility and Pre-Qualification:
- To qualify, eligible entities must have incurred at least $5,000,000 in total annual energy costs (on a pre-sales tax basis, aggregate of all buildings/sites) between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022 as billed by NJ Utilities and any applicable third-party suppliers associated with those accounts.
- NJ Utilities refer to the regulated electric and/or gas utilities in the State of New Jersey. They are: Atlantic City Electric, Jersey Central Power & Light, Rockland Electric Company, New Jersey Natural Gas, Elizabethtown Gas, PSE&G, and South Jersey Gas.
- Applicant’s accounts must be commercially-billed and pay the Societal Benefits Charge (SBC).
- Eligible annual costs include standard costs associated with electric and/or gas delivery and supply (e.g., generation, transmission, distribution, SBC, etc.) and not those that are unique to the customer (e.g., energy management charges).
- In order to be considered for incentives, the billed peak demand of each facility submitted in the Draft Energy Efficiency Plan (DEEP) or Final Energy Efficiency Plan (FEEP) must meet or exceed 400 kW and/or 4,000 DTh.
- For campus facilities, the 400 kW or 4000 DTh threshold shall be met on a campus-wide level (i.e. total demand of campus). Any number of buildings may be included in the Energy Efficiency Plan.
- Once qualified, entities will be approved to submit their Draft Energy Efficiency Plan (DEEP) for fund reservation or the Final Energy Efficiency Plan (FEEP) for incentive commitment.
BPU, NJ Clean Energy Program
See program website for expiration dates, amounts vary per year.