The initiative provides funding to projects that focus on research and development of biofuels, bioenergy, and biomass-based products.
Terms & Qualifications:
- Grants fund projects focusing on research and development of biofuels, bioenergy, biomass-based products and related processes under Section 9008 of the Biomass Research and Development Initiative.
- Potential projects include:
- feedstock production for biobased fuels and products
- converting cellulosic biomass into biobased fuels
- technologies for co-producing biobased products in biofuel production facilities
- strategic guidance for improving overall sustainability and environmental quality of biomass technologies.
US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Biomass Research and Development (BR&D), US Department of Energy (DOE)
See program website for expiration dates.