The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission provides approval of rates for wholesales of electricity and certifications for qualified small power producers.
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission – FERC
- Approval of rates for wholesale sales of electricity and transmission in interstate commerce for jurisdictional utilities, power marketers, power pools, power exchanges and independent system operators.
- Issuing of stock and debt securities, assumption of obligations and liabilities, and mergers.
- Review of officer and director positions held by top officials at utility companies.
- Review of rates set by the federal power marketing administrations.
- Review of exempt wholesale generator status.
- Certification of qualifying small power production and cogeneration facilities.