USDA Rural Development grant to support and ensure an expanding production of advanced biofuels by paying advanced biofuel producers for finished advanced biofuel products.
Terms & Qualifications:
- Provides funding to eligible advanced biofuel producers in rural areas who produce fuel derived from renewable biomass including:
- Biogas (including landfill gas and sewage waste treatment gas) produced through the conversion of organic matter from renewable biomass
- Biofuel derived from waste material, including crop residue, other vegetative waste material, and food, yard and animal waste
- Biofuel derived from hemicellulose, cellulose or lignin
- Biofuel derived from sugar and starch (except corn kernel starch)
- Butanol or other alcohols produced through the conversion of organic matter from Renewable Biomass
- Diesel-equivalent fuel derived from renewable biomass, including animal fat and vegetable oil
- Other fuels derived from cellulosic biomass
Amount of each payment will depend on the number of producers participating in the program, the quantity of advanced biofuels being produced and the amount of funding available.
U.S. Department of Agriculture – USDA; Rural Development Field Office